Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Headed for the capital

I'm supposed to be in Manila later today. That is, if I don't change my mind. I just might decide to go home instead of boarding a plane at the airport.

The thing is, I have not prepared for my two-day sojourn in the capital. I have not packed any clothes or given any thought to where I'm supposed to go once I'm there. I guess I still have until 10 a.m. to resolve all this or it will be too late.

Earlier, I've thought of every excuse why I should not go. Classes have started and Dylan needs me to take care of things for him. Lennon won't be able to sleep at night without me. He'll wake up and cry if he sees that I'm not there. And many, many other reasons.

I regretted having said yes to my boss when she asked me to attend in her behalf a forum in Makati City. I'd rather be in Metro Cebu, where it is only 15 minutes away to any destination, than in smog-drenched Manila.

My husband assures me it will be Thursday before I know it and I'd be home. I guess that's true. So I'm wishing that it's Thursday now but because there is no way that will happen I guess I will have to get on that plane and get it over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home