Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Preparing for school

I've started doing some of the hundred or so things I needed to do before the start of classes on June 6. My husband and I went out of our way to buy Dylan's school requirements, venturing as far as Magallanes St. in Cebu City, because my friend said things were sold cheap there.

It was a nightmarish walk through Manalili St., what with all the people scurrying to and fro and crazy drivers in a hurry to get to their destinations.

When we arrived in La Nueva, my husband was told to leave his bag at the baggage counter only they did not have any number tag left and so we had to wait until someone claims a bag or package before they'd allow us in. What is with that? Don't they want customers? Can't they make any more tags knowing what they have are not sufficient anymore?

It was a good 15 minutes before we were able to finally come in. Someone made of less tolerant stuff would have left already. We hurriedly bought all the things we needed and thankfully got out of there.

My friend was right. The things sold there were less expensive than those in department stores. I'm not sure now, though, if I'd trade savings of less than a hundred for the comforts of SM or Ayala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home