Monday, May 16, 2005

Brigada Eskwela

I arrived late (10 a.m.) for the Brigada Eskwela today and had to suffer sullen looks from the other parents who were there at 8 a.m. sharp. Like all parents who have children in public schools, I suffer through the Department of Education's yearly school cleaning program.

Dylan, thankfully, chose not to go with me, finding Spongebob and Patrick's latest big screen escapade (in DVD) more preferable than my company. This, from a child who calls me at the office every night and begs to be allowed to wait up for us. He must have watched that cartoon flick a million times (Of couse, I'm exaggerating).

Once in a while, I get this weird feeling that some of the other parents dislike me. A friend told me there are still those who continue to question why my son, aside from receiving first honors at the commencement exercises of the Preparatory Class of 2005, was also given two other top awards.

The Science and Technology Education Center (Stec) preparatory level is nothing like its elementary class. For one, the parents get to buy the books for their children in preparatory. I was also told the computation of the grades is different in the prep and elementary levels. I think the parents believed the prep teacher was not as impartial as she should have been when it came to the her grading of the students. And I am being considered close to the teacher when I'm really not.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mike said...

wah, inggit lang na sila kay brayt si dylan. bleh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home