Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tooth pact

I told my son Dylan today that everytime one of his baby teeth comes out, he does not have to put it under the pillow for the tooth fairy. I told him I want to keep it as a memento and I will just pay for it at the price set by the footh fairy.

The tooth fairy (read: me) cannot put up with the charade anymore because she is: 1) forgetful 2) busy and 3) can't lie to her son with a straight face.

The tooth fairy also can't stand disappointing her son, who woke up today to find his tooth still under the pillow. The funny thing about this is, I already took care of that tooth but Dylan found it yesterday on top of the computer table where his dad left it and thought it was one of his two lower teeth that came out months ago. He lost one and was not able to offer it to the tooth fairy. Just imagine how happy he was when he found it.

All right. Enough. I can't take it anymore. I told him, "Never mind the tooth fairy, I want to keep all of your baby teeth." Fortunately, he believed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home